Video Content vs. Written Content
The age of technology is upon us, and video content is increasingly being preferred over and above written content. Video content allows your target group to sit up and take notice due to its visual and audio appeal, and it is important for you to understand why this is, and how you can use video content to boost traffic and sales to your company platform.
Benefits Of Video Content
- Video content can be shared, as it is inherently meant to be distributed among different social platforms. Clients are prompted to share videos due to its call-to-action nature.
- It makes information more digestible, as videos make information easier to understand, more interesting and more fun, as opposed to written content.
- Video content is trackable, whereby collecting information such as who saw the video, from which device, for how long and how many times, is made possible. This is not possible with text only content.
- Video content is highly engaging – visual and audio stimuli are powerful instruments that simple written content does not have.
- Video content can be integrated with traditional text marketing. You can use animated videos in your presentations, e-mail marketing campaigns, social media campaigns, in your blogging, and in your traditional text marketing materials like e-Books.
The Logic – Why Video Content
The reason why video content is more popular, prompts more engagement, and is more creative is because we live in the age where millennials are increasingly becoming our target group. The fact that millennials are so used to getting and giving information at a fast speed means engaging content, such as videos, are regarded as more creative than written content.
Videos are more creative because if a picture is worth 1000 words, then a story portrayed with moving pictures must be worth 1 million words, if not more. New technology has made us all used to pictures more than words, and trading information has become much more instant, so that we are in a generation where impatience and getting bored easily is a danger you do not want your clients to fall into, especially when it pertains to your company. Everyone has a smartphone or tablet these days and the instant gratification, high definition, 3D megapixel generation calls for a more creative and visually appealing advertising method.
The Numbers to Back It Up
Still not convinced? The statistics which show that video content is preferred over written content is overwhelming. The following data proves that video content is the future and that this form of marketing should, very soon, be integrated as one of your main sources of advertising to your clients. According to Matt Bowman, owner of a web design and SEO company Thrive Internet Marketing,
- When asked if they would rather watch a video than read a blog post or article, 59% of company decision makers preferred the former.
- A single minute of video watching is equivalent to 1.8 million words.
- When people spend time online, a third of this is dedicated to video watching.
- When using marketing emails, adding a video can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- It is projected that by 2019, 80% of all web traffic will be dedicated to video.
- Every year, mobile video consumption grows by 100%, as reported by YouTube.
- And when making purchasing decisions, 90% of consumers report that product videos help them in making these purchases.
Video content is the way of the future, and you can still add video content to your written content if you prefer the latter – as long as you have the creative video somewhere in your marketing campaign. If you are unsure about video content and how to go about it, a good marketing company such as The Michael Group can help you understand and set up a good video for your platform, to make sure you talk the millennial language.