When Television and Radio Collide
TV Media Production Enhanced by Elements of Radio
The Michael Group is a Chicago based media production company. We offer a variety of production services and although our focus is on television media production, we are aware that when television and radio collide, the element of radio adds incremental value to the television media production.
Having a television media production company help with the production of radio is highly beneficial as their expertise and knowledge in the field of production can be utilized in the world of radio. They are equipped to record and edit voice based commercials and radio spots both physically and intellectually. Hiring one company to control all marketing campaigns also makes sense for one’s brand.
What is TV Media Production?
Television (TV) advertising is known traditionally as the medium with the longest reach – therefore it has the largest impact. TV reaches a mass audience and is one of the most popular ways of conveying a mass message. TV media production allows for the flexibility to use various approaches and different combinations of audio, video and text to make their content memorable and emotional. TV’s use of audio and visual effects create a lasting impact on the audience and producers interact color, sound, sight, drama and motion to ensure that their message is strong and persuasive.
What is Radio Production?
Radio production consists of writing, recording, and producing all the elements (commercial and programming) needed to create a radio show. Radio is typically viewed as one of the lower-cost traditional media. It does not require the video equipment and logistics of producing more expensive television media production and radio spots are also less expensive than TV placement.
Advantages of using Radio in Television Media Production:
1) Production of radio is quicker and cheaper than television production:
- Radio can decrease your expenses because radio spots are cheaper
- Radio requires less expensive equipment
- TV producers have the knowledge and equipment on-hand already to incorporate elements of radio
- The turnaround time for getting an advert on air is quick when using radio
2) Adding radio creates variety and diversity in your marketing campaigns
- Different production elements are used in radio in comparison to TV production
- Different target markets are reached through incorporating radio
3) Radio creates timeliness:
- You can deliver timely messages to promote current business activities and promotions through radio production
4) Information-based products do not need to be visualized and radio could effectively produce media for these products
5) There is a convenience of listening to programs instead of TV production which requires both your visual and audio attention
Both TV production and radio production offer unique and specific elements for media production and by combining the two, you can create a diverse, unified and original image for your company. TV production can be enhanced by adding elements of radio and costs can be reduced. Media production will help you build the right campaign for your company, your brand and your mission.